Saturday, July 10, 2010

a blog!

So I probably give myself too much credit when I think that people might actually read this. But I feel like now that I can't always keep up with everyone, maybe every year or so an old friend will come across this and find it interesting. For anybody that doesn't know, (hah, doubt it) I am at BYU-Provo style.

I think though that instead of posting boring things about my life, (because if you really want to know you should just ask :]) I am going to post interesting, spiritual, awesome things that I think are cool. Woo!

So today is a quote. I recently joined a group on Facebook called LDS Daily Thought. Probably my most useful and interesting friend on Facebook (sorry everyone ;])

Here's the url: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harrisville-UT/LDS-Daily-Thought/136626906347710?ref=ts

and here's the quote:

Our responsibility as brothers and sisters in the Church is to help those who may be lost to find their way, and to help those who have lost that which is precious to find their treasure again. The scriptures clearly teach us that every member has the obligation to strengthen his fellow members.The Savior lovingly yet ...pointedly emphasized this when he said to Peter, “When you are converted, strengthen thy brethren” (Luke 22:32). May I say the same to each of you: When you are converted, please strengthen your brethren and sisters. There are so many who hunger, sometimes without knowing the cause of their hunger. There are spiritual truths and principles that can be as a strong foundation for safety to their souls, peace to their hearts and minds if we would but turn our prayers and active concern to them. President Spencer W. Kimball

This quote really spoke to me. It's awesome being here at BYU and I love it. I love the people and the spirit. It is VERY easy to keep the spirit here. It's weird actually.... When I lived in California that was always a constant struggle for me. It took up most of my thoughts and prayers and now that I'm here it's almost like, "Okay, I have the spirit. Sooo.. what do I do with it?" Sad eh? Well this quote filled in that empty prayer space. One of the things I knew would be disappointing about attending BYU is that there aren't very many missionary opportunities, but this quote made me forget that disappointment! Just because people are members does not mean that they are spiritually converted. President Kimball speaks very well in telling us that it is our OBLIGATION to strengthen other people when we have been spiritually converted. I have found a purpose again :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a really good thought. Thank you for that! I hope you are loving it there. Now we can be blog friends! :)

    ReplyDelete