I will tell you the story.
I was sitting in the JKB studying for my Comms final and eating some Sun Chips, the cheddar kind.
All of a sudden my roommate, Kaylee, calls me.
Kaylee never calls me...
I answered and listened to her simple yet astounding proclamation:
"I just got the mail and you might want to come home."
Me - "NO!"
(This was not a "No, I will not come home." That would be ridiculous.)
I don't really know what was said after that because I had just realized that one of the most life-changing envelopes of my life was sitting in my house right then.
There was screaming though, and annoyed looks from the people studying around me.
I told her that I was running home.
I ran home.
(I don't even run on campus when I'm late for class.)
I believe my first words were: "It's big."
Profound statements are my forte.
So, I mercilessly ripped it open, saw the word "Congratulations," threw everything on the table and just started sobbing.
It was a glorious moment.
Kaylee and Alena could only laugh at my ridiculous state.
Then I took my final.
THE END

Congrats, Jaclyn!
ReplyDeleteI remember when my friends came in the mail. I ran it to her on campus. I felt like I was holding a mission call. We celebrated and hugged in the middle of campus it was great. I am so excited for you and I would have cried too.
ReplyDelete