YAY!
It is the weirdest feeling. Home is my vacation. I need to get used to that.
Recently, both life and death have been on my mind.
Things like - why do I spend any time being angry, hurt, offended, or anything negative at all??
Why do I stress small things?
I want to see the good in the world.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the small things.
I want to stop worrying if my "sleeping clock" is a little messed up.
Or if i'm a late to class once in a while.
I want to keep pace with things, but procrastinate when necessary.
Like staying up really late stealing doughnuts from the krispy kreme dumpster, that's necessary.
I want to not worry if someone is rude, unkind, or just plain gets on my nerves.
I want to find what I like about them and focus on that instead.
I want to obey the rules but break the ones that don't matter.
I want to stop logging into Facebook every single freakin day.
I want to try everyday to do something a little bit better than I did it yesterday
Because in the scheme of things, I probably won't remember the man that sat next to me on the plane that could have looked a little less irritated when I tried to be friendly toward him.
What I will remember is when Katie and I kept a dog in our dorm for a night
And how we bathed it and named it and stayed up until 5 because we didn't want to get caught.
Hopefully my RA doesn't read this...
and if you do, please disregard it as the ramblings of a psychotic woman up wayy too late :)
I probably won't remember that picture of that one guy that I found through my friend's cousin's Facebook. (don't act like you haven't ended up there at one point or another.)
I will remember all of the wonderful people that I will have the chance to meet these next four years of college, and how each of them has something unique and lovely about them. I hope I remember what was wonderful about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment