recently my life has become extremely blog-worthy...
but some things are just not meant to be blogged about. So let us just say, I have decided to spend the winter back home in Washingtonia, instead of staying out here in the burg. Honestly, college might be too exhausting for me to handle three semesters in a row.. but I am not saying school-wise.
Anywho, I have a couple good stories that y'all should really enjoy.. I will start with an illustration...
or two...
Now this, my dear followers, is what we call a bruised eye. Here is my story.I was skydiving. Yes, I'm that awesome. As I danced my way towards the surface of our beautiful earth, in complete freefall, I slammed into an eagle. This eagle was a particular viscous specimen, and it proceeded to lash out with its extremely long talons. I wrestled with the bird in the air, and managed to keep it from cutting me, although I do have a few nicks and bruises. The real danger came after I detached myself from the bird. I looked downwards, noticing the ground was approaching a bit too quickly I fumbled for the latch to release my chute. I heard a shriek from above as the material flew out of the pack on my back. The eagle was swooping and dancing above my chute, eying it with much of the same ferocity I imagine it would stalk its prey. Then I hit the ground. And as I rolled to absorb the impact, I bumped my eye on a small rock.
And here is the real story.
I was chillin' at the guys dorm. I will admit I should have seen it coming, what with all the holes they have put in their walls in the past week. Alas, I am dumb. Well we were rough housing with the dudes, wacking them with hangers and whatnot, when they pulled out a blowgun. Now before you panic, no blood was spilled. They used stun darts (see below)
I'll tell you what, the little buggers hurt. Anyhow, one of the dudes, let's call him... Lame1. Lame1 was poised with his precious blowgun poking out of one of the holes he had kicked through the wall. I waited until another one of the dudes, let's call him... Stupid. I waited until Stupid was standing in the hall to block Lame1's shot at me to run out of the room. What was my surprise when Lame1 managed to shoot around Stupid and bounce the little dart off the door jam.and right into my eye.
I shrieked in agony. Literally. One of the other dudes, let's call him... Nimrod. Nimrod was sitting calming on the couch, not three feet from where I collapsed to my knees, tears streaming down my face. Nimrod thought I was joking. I fought back sobs as I cradled my face in my hands, rocking back and forth on my knees in the dudes front room.
Remember Lame1, the one who shot me? Well, in all the 15 min it took us ladies to gather ourselves and get out of there, he did not manage to get up enough courage to come out and apologize. Nor has he found the courage since that time. Oh, I did get an especially touching text that reads something like this, "I will when i see you sometime if thats any consolation"
consider me consoled.
false.
Epilogue:
I discovered today that sunlight causes my eye a LOT of pain. So I have been walking to class with one eye scrunched tightly closed, sometimes covering it with one of my hands. Also, my vision is just every so slightly blurry in the bad eye. good times.
and now that I've finished all of this I am too tired to write more, also my eye hurts from staring at my comp.
Peace out.
Sorry about your eye but...
ReplyDeleteCan it be true?? Are you coming back next semester?? I'm very happy of course.
But why?
your joke premises are contrived and hard to believe
ReplyDeletelove, jaclyn
ReplyDeletejaclyn-
ReplyDeleteblah blah blah, they are supposed to be.
love, karly.
kaira-
it is not at all for sure yet.. give me a week. then ill know.
Your eagle story had me in tears I was laughing so hard! I read the whole story
ReplyDeletealoud to will, he laughed so hard he pee'd his pants haha not really.
hahaha thank you thank you. i do know how to spin a yarn if i may say so myself.
ReplyDelete