Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MAJORly decided??? - the update

No, I am not kidding.
I am pretty sure about this.
For the last couple of days (hah! small joke, MONTHS, smaller joke, YEARS), i have been thinking about this...
My career exploration teacher over the summer, who happens to be a psychologist in the BYU career counseling department, gave me wonderful advice. First, he told me that at the end of the semester he would tell me what I should major in. Second, he told me that all I had to do was do it... (I agreed halfheartedly)
He said anything in the social sciences, with a minor in business...
Of course I listened. Tyler is a professional. Sometimes he knew me better than I know myself.
I also listened to my cousin, Erwick, who gave me wonderful advice. He told me to just make sure I do something that I'm interested in. Pretty simple...
It has taken me a while to weigh out what i can do, and what i want to do, and find a happy balance.
drumroll?
I think i want to be a communications major, with an emphasis in public relations.

I know, you've probably never heard of it.... (heavy sarcasm intended)

I realize that I'm not the most unique of the pigs in the bunch, but I thoroughly find this stuff interesting. Well... I think I will. I have not yet taken any prereqs....

I am also still considering a business minor. Bakeries don't run themselves....

I have to say that as I have thought about this, and considered numerous other options, communications was the one thing that kept coming back to me. I kept thinking, "I could actually be GOOD at that." (my worst fear is doing something i would suck at) I am hoping that my abilities and education will be furthered by a language that I will perhaps learn on my mission?? That would be wonderful...

this is me having a party after figuring out what i want to do with my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment